Integrating Adnunitius and Memsource
Connecting the dots
Having banner campaigns across multiple countries and many languages can be set up pretty easy, but the content work needed can be very time consuming.
This is where Adnuntius and Memsource comes into play. Our use-case is to set up new banner campaigns across 15 languages in 10 markets.
Using the ad service, Adnuntius, we can create a dynamic banner which is fetched from our website and displayed in HTML.
We want the content to be translated in Memsource, and content transfer must be automated.
Best of breed
"A flexible platform that optimizes revenue across channels, takes back revenue from ad blockers, helps privacy concerned companies serve ads without cookies or other tracking methods, supports new formats and report metrics at scale, and much more."
Memsource is a translation platform for managing translations in large volumes.
Set up Memsource if you have a large organization in multiple countries and languages.
Have your local employees translate content and use Memsource to handle the workflow. Nice!
"Memsource has developed a unique approach to reducing translation costs by combining traditional translation technology with patented AI technology.
Before a translation is assigned to a human translator, Memsource identifies content that can be translated automatically."
So how did we do that?
Using Adnuntius across multiple countries and many languages can be set up pretty easy, but the content work needed can be very time consuming.
This is where Memsource comes into play. Our use-case is to set up new banner campaigns across 15 languages in 10 markets.
Using Adnuntius we have set up a dynamic banner which is fetched from our website and displayed in HTML.
To display banners in dynamic html on-the-fly we need to get the correct banner content based on the user, market, language and other segmentation rules. For this we set up a banner layout in Adnuntius, which have a Header and a Sub header and a bare background image.
In the Adnuntius layout we set up fields for the content. Our two base language fields, - Header_en and Subheader_en, and one set up for each language we need to set up (header_da, subheader_da, etc..).
Now we have a banner solution that support many markets and languages.
Let's hook-up Memsource, so we can show our banners in other languages. Our workflow is:
- Get base content from Adnuntius
- Add content to Memsource and set up which languages should be translated.
- Transfer translated content back to Adnuntius.
To make this flow we developed some AWS lambda functions in Python.
We made one for each direction and to monitor the functions we used Elastic Search at Elastic.co.
Elastic Search gives us the ability to monitor and send alerts if something is wrong.
We also made a notification mail to notify the Adnuntius managers on new translations being available.